Saturday, September 25, 2010

the poetry of things

the red is a jewel
culled from rubies enamelled of rust
torn liquid from the meat of the bone
the red of the albino's
virulent pupil
the amputee's satin rag

now percolating in you
diffusing along induction lines
forking like roots in the skin
the livid health of the poinsettia
the sacre coeur of holly
moves, like expanding heat,
through the chilly lust
the white polyvinyl nude
of your rigid gleaming body

I touch you: there you are,
tactile scent of clean saliva
and tongue, the stony cairn
in which the past has buried the future
your cold arousal burns me,
static image; I feel
the polish and ice of your surface
and the exquisite throb beneath

you are flushed
with the hot red of the virus
the appleskin eating
your cool edifice
naked pearl of flesh

I wipe the frost from your brow
I wipe the fire from your thighs
disease of immunity
consumed by paradox
I make you nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment