Saturday, September 4, 2010

nature poem? maybe?

plump and full of itself
master of its own circular tracings
the hummingbird sings-

"I have left the light
of industry's door
for industry
in the light of the garden.

I have left the hot, spacious
air of the golden cradle
for the garden:
cradle of clay
of earth

I have left my beloved
whose swayings are the blur
of procreation, whose words
are the lovely poems of insects'
sweet voices, for the voice of the garden
flowers divulging secrets of milk, of gold

I have left you
early morning, spider silk and dew
I have left you
pneumatic heart of troubled sleep
I have left you
pantheon of birdlike spirits

mirrors hiding
in the valleys of the pond
in the heat of the air
I have left you

for the bewildering voice of the soil
for the colorful song of the shadows
for the many overflowing breasts

of the garden."

No comments:

Post a Comment