Sunday, September 12, 2010

New stuff

Hey all. Been neglecting this page a little bit over the past week due to my new job. It's high time I posted some of the words I've been hammering out over the past few days.

* * *


She discusses herself with her tongue
cold bone
glittering, dowsing
in the water of the dawn

heavy tongue
iron rod
sheathed with a weighty slur of iron
a bludgeon like a stave
on which speech is mutely noted

operatic sighs and screamings
unladen with the burden of import
unsaddled with the intention of mind
shadow lies
in the hiddenness of tongue

Elefaiya elekron tovayo
dszerus

Alexia unbows the ribbon
whispers obscuring the song
the commerce of meaning
effacing the tongue

No sound, my love, no sound
no high lament of poem
no weeping for your tears
hung silent from the thorns
of the lily wreath, the lilac wreath
your ecstasies of union

your child of song
and gibbering speech
formed from a mistress
and not a bride

deserts you.

for the forest, for the circus
the spittle of the champing teeth
the oily slide of things
in their union

and he is not alone
as you, as you
were not alone
alone alone alone

Destiny, with a majestic leer,
ravished and disgraced you.

2 comments:

  1. I have been very remiss in keeping up to date with your work but I love this one, some very great lines and images in it; I think the first line especially is a knock-out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you as always, sir. It's a pleasure to count such talented individuals as yourself as among my peers and friends.

    ReplyDelete